- Leaders must meet age criteria. Persons applying for the position of Deacon must be at least 18 years old. Persons applying for the positions of Standing Committee Member, Advisory Committee Member, Ministry Leader or Elder must be at least 21 years old.
- Active Member of Mount Zion for at least 2 years.
- Active in at least one Ministry for at least a year.
- Personally committed to maintaining a moral and spiritual lifestyle as set forth in scripture.
- Believe and uphold the doctrines as stated in the Scriptures and the church’s Constitution and Bylaws.
- Willing to work in harmony with the elders, ministers, support staff, and fellow ministry leaders.
- Support the ministry and leadership through prayer and attendance at church activities.
- Involved in regular study of God’s Word.
- Financially invests in the work of the Lord through tithes and offerings.
- Know their spiritual gift(s) and strive to use the gifts effectively within the church.
- Should manifest a heart, passion or giftedness in the area of ministry in which they serve.
- Should attend the monthly Ministry or Executive Council meetings.
- Supplemental qualifications may be required for some positions.
- Leaders are asked to serve a three-year term with the option for nomination renewal for an additional three-year term. Six years is the maximum term any ministry leader can serve. A leader may return after a year off.