2015 1st Semester Kingdom Achievers Honor Roll Recognition: Participation Requirements
On Sunday, March 29, during the 10:00am service, we will recognize students in grades K – 12 who have displayed appropriate character while earning A or A/B Honor Roll during the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, and/or 1st semester.
- How can I make sure that my child is recognized and participates? Please make arrangements to have your child attend (or be represented at) the March 28 registration and practice. Registration will begin at 9:00am, with practice starting at 10:00am. During the registration process, report card documentation will be reviewed. Those who meet the criteria will be registered, participate in the practice, and will be recognized at the March 29 service. Please do not leave any documentation at the Engage/Welcome areas. All documentation will be reviewed at the March 28 practice.
- Can a child who met the stated criteria for only one quarter (1st or 2nd) participate? Yes, a child who met the criteria for one quarter, but not the other, is allowed to participate.
- My child didn’t meet the criteria for either quarter; but their combined semester grades meet the criteria. Can my child participate? Yes, a child whose semester grades meet the criteria will be able to participate.
- I have a question regarding my child’s unique circumstances, who can I talk to? Please send an email to [email protected] with your name and contact information; a member of the Youth Ministry Advisory Council (YMAC) will contact you to discuss your concerns.
- For schools/districts/grade levels that do not provide letter grades, the report card should reflect that the student was marked at or above grade level for all graded subjects for either the quarter or semester.
- For schools/districts/grade levels that receive letter grades, the report card should reflect that the student earned all As or a combination of As and Bs for all graded subjects for either the quarter or semester.
- For high school students, the report card should reflect a quarter and/or semester GPA of 3.0 or higher.
For all students, there should not be more than 1 unsatisfactory mark/comment for conduct in either the quarter or semester in which the child received the honor roll.